Wednesday, September 17, 2008

SemiComatose Woman STILL A Texting Wonder (or my lips hurt - kiss'em better)

Goober before surgery, happy and unknowing. Afterwards, with her trusty cell phone near by for comfort.


Okay, Goober is out to California for her friend's wedding this Friday and I am posting for her ( with her approval).

Last Friday, she got her wisdom teeth out and when I told her my perspective of it, she thought I should post it. Goober is my third child that I have taken to have their wisdom teeth pulled out but the first that I was actually allowed to stay in the room and watch the anesthesiologist put her out ( or under). That was so bizarre. Really. It is a freaky thing to watch your child go unconscious. On purpose. I do have to say the anesthesiologist was a master at his craft; one stick and the IV was good. A couple of weeks ago, at 3 different times I had to have my blood drawn and I was stuck a total of 8 times for that week. Not fun. Back to Goober, the anesthesiologist was talking to her, telling her that he was going to give her a relaxer first and then put her out. All I could see was that he put the syringe to the IV once while he was talking. By the time he was done explaining to her what would happened she was gone. She was watching him while he talked and the minute he told her she would be out, she was. Her eyes were sliding together but never quite did meet together. So her eyelids were slit-opened and then her eyeballs rolled back. Yikes! But not all the way, so that I could still see the edge of her blue ring. I was sent back to the waiting room at this point.

About 15 mins later the oral surgeon came out and said she was done. Only one tooth he had to break to get out, in two or three pieces. I'm guessing that was her left side, because she is more swollen there. After another 15 - 20 minutes, the nurse and I load her up in the car. Goober start trying to talk to me, only she is stilled drugged up. Loopy, as one friend called her later. So what does she do? She grabs her "ironman" cell phone and starts texting me. I watch in total amazement as she misspells medicine and corrects herself. "Get the medicine now" " I want Jamba Juice to drink with a straw. not for now but later." All the while, her appearance is that of a pixilated pixy. Then she texts my phone, "Movie? from the library red box i don't care". I look at that and think, "yeah right, the only thing you'll be doing when we get home is sleeping". I go to the Creamery on 9th to get her some juice and such, and then she texts me again, "my mouth is dry. Drink too?" Yes, Goober that is why I am here. I have leaned her back in the seat so she doesn't fall forward since her balance is obviously impaired. I discovered the other day that she had taken pictures of herself while I was in the store. I mention this to her that the pictures on her phone show how really swollen her face was - chipmunk cheeks to the max. She barely remembered doing that, at first she thought Cheeto Burrito had taken the pictures. I pointed out to her that she was in the car and he was not with us. After a moment, she said she vaguely remembered doing that. What can I say to that? She can text with a vengeance incoherently, but can't remember snapping a picture of herself.

We got home. I was helping her out of the car and she pushed me away like she was going to walk by herself, only she started to teeter back and forth a bit. Once we got her to the couch, and wrapped her with a blanket, she conked out.

She had to work the football game Saturday. And though she felt poorly, she went out with Bob for ice cream later that night, which didn't surprise me, since she went out the next day with her crutches the day after she mangled her knee. On Sunday I heard her say "my lips hurts, can you kiss'em better better". I thought her dad was teasing her on what she could say to the boys, but no, goober came up with that herself. When I told Brucer, he laughed out loud. I believe she did try that line once or twice at church. She is still a bit round in the face.

Now she is gone to play with Chelsea for a few days. I want to wish Chelsea and Ricky all the best - they are a cute couple and have been good to Goober. I am glad Goober was able to come see you all.

Goober will be wearing my old "sweetheart ball" dance dress to the reception. It is 30 years old, but has held up well. Somewhere along the way, the belt was lost that went to the dress, buy I was able to find the pattern I had used when I made it on Ebay. (thank goodness for ebay!) The dress was originally ankle length, so we had to shorten it to make a new belt. It turned out really well and Goober looks cute in it. It is made of very silky-like, shiny ( exceedingly) beige material. When she put it on, I told her I could not believe how shiny it was. We found some shoes marked down at Mervyn's to go with the dress. Goober and Bob had gone to a Mocktail party and needed to dress up for it. I had taken Goober's old bridesmaid dress from Daught's wedding and revamped it for the party. Goober was helping Bob with finding the right outfit for the party when I remembered this dress. I found it in the closet under the stairs, it was amazing as I really had no clue where it was. Bob declined wearing the dress and they came up with something else for her to wear. I have an old red prom dress that is 30 years old too. One of Goober's friend has already it borrowed for a Christmas dance and another tried it on just for fun. It is too long for Goober, but I told her I might consider shortening it a bit for her to wear. Maybe.

Well, this has been quite fun. I can see why people like to blog. One can write and be as detailed without someone telling you to get to the point. I'd like to give a shout out to granddaught 1 & 2. Grandma loves you! D - a shout out to you too. To my hubby - love ya.

Okay I will try to download some pics. bye.




No comments: